In the end, all you take with you is your story.

-Australia-

12.29.2009

The King of Pop Art

I can't believe I almost forgot to write about my first trip to a Korean art museum. The other weekend some friends and I decided to check out the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Seoul Museum of Art in downtown Seoul. The exhibit was honestly one of the most well laid out exhibits I have ever seen. I was very impressed with the collection and the pieces they were able to acquire. There were the famous Marilyn series, Jackie O painting, Campbell's Soup Cans, Mao paintings, Michael Jackson painting, and some that I had never seen before including a black-light series of Jesus paintings. The only complaint that I had was the English translations for the descriptions were very poorly done. You would think that for all the money they spent on this big exhibition they could have paid someone to translate correctly. That was just my own small pet-peeve. Warhol's use of bright colors and vivid paints made me fall even more in love with his genius as my eyes moved from piece to piece. I really appreciate an artist that is not afraid to use color. The museum had an amazing collection of his work and I felt fortunate to get a fix of modern art in this strange land.


Warhol exhibit advertisement


Sara, me, and Sam at the exhibit


"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."
-Andy Warhol-


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment