In the end, all you take with you is your story.

-Australia-

6.19.2010

Love and War

Aren't all the greatest stories comprised of these two elements? This one was no exception.

When I saw that the opera, AIDA, was coming to Seoul for one weekend only I jumped at the chance to get some tickets. It has always been one of my items on my so-called bucket list to see a live opera performance. The opera was performed at the Seoul Arts Center Opera House. The theatre was huge and very elegant. Our seats were up high, but we still had a great view of the stage.

AIDA was a fantastic show and I loved every minute of it (sans the few at the end when my eyes were drooping like a cartoon character and my head was nodding to the side like I was dozing in a high school lecture and Sean had to nudge me back to full attention- it was a long week. I was tired.) The performers were nothing short of amazing. The main characters were all husky Italians with voices like butter. The army of supporting roles and dancers belonged to Korean students from an Art school. I was mesmerized by the lights, colors, sounds, ambiance of the entire performance. By the end of the show the applause for the performers was one of the longest and most respectful I have ever seen at a live show.

I loved the opera and can't wait for my second one, hopefully in NYC.


I snuck a photo of the stage


Sean and I at the Seoul Arts Center


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment