In the end, all you take with you is your story.

-Australia-

10.01.2009

I am (almost) an Alien!

Hye-sun and I drove to Seoul the other day to apply for my alien registration card. The traffic was insane, the line ridiculously long, and I am without a passport for 10 days until I receive my card in the mail. Then I guess I will be official?

I finally found out my job duties yesterday. I will be teaching grades 4, 5, and 6 English. I begin teaching next week on Tuesday after the Chuseok holiday. I will teach a total of 22 forty-minute classes a week. This means that I will need to prepare three lesson plans a week. I will teach one to each grade level and repeat for the different classes in each grade. I need to be at work each day from 8:40 A.M. until 4:40 P.M. Not quite sure how I am going to fill my time when I am not teaching because I don’t think it will take me 20 hours a week to come up with three lesson plans. I guess I’ll be Facebook stalking and learnin’ me some Korean!

I ate lunch with the teachers yesterday at school and they complemented me on how well I was able to use my chopsticks. I have been practicing at home.

First my straightener, then my external hard drive won't work, and now my washing machine is busted. Mind you, I did a load of laundry last week and had no problems. I just put in a load of laundry today and the machine started beeping at me and saying "LE" on the screen. I had to take out my soapy clothes and rinse them out by hand in my sink. I thought this was Korea, not Africa. Now my machine is full of sitting water and there is water all over the floor of my apartment. Anyone know the # of a Korean repair man?

Not pleased with this piece of machinery at the moment...

Happy October!


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment