In the end, all you take with you is your story.

-Australia-

11.26.2009

So Blessed

I am feeling a tad melancholy and nostalgic this Thanksgiving holiday being close to 6,500 miles from home. I love Thanksgiving and it seems strange to be away from my family and close friends this time of year. While thoughts such as "man, no turkey this year" and "I can't believe I won't be partying in Chicago or having a Valpo reunion at Northside this weekend" have taken over my mind, I need to stop and remember that I have oh so much to be thankful for in my life. I just wanted to take a minute to reflect and share some of my (many) blessings.

I am thankful for...


love and peace in my life

family, my number one supporters

true friends who have withstood the test of time and many miles that separates

new friends

spirituality

a roof over my head

good health

my job

food in my belly

clothes on my back (let's be honest, most of which are darn cute)

shoes on my feet

clean water to drink

my education

learning something new every day

life changing experiences

new opportunities

hope

different cultures

American freedoms

beautiful art

kind strangers

teachable moments

enjoyable books

adrenaline rushes

well written lyrics

photo albums

strength and inspiration from the world

the internet

beer

autumn leaves

Elle magazine

cheese and wine

Indiana Hoosiers

Chicago hot dogs

Ugg boots

palm trees and white sandy beaches

Edward Cullen

Burt's Bees chap stick

HBO

Midwest thunderstorms

cell phones

hot showers

Broadway musicals

Marc Jacobs

long convos while porch sittin' on summer nights

cheese pizza


Above all I am thankful for a beating heart and constant reminders of how amazing this life is. It is amazing indeed.

I wish you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving holiday. Please enjoy some turkey for me (or in my brother Matt's case, a loaf of home-made bread followed by a late night run to T Bell or Arby's). Either will suffice.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment